Thursday, January 28, 2010

Effective Use of Technology in the Classroom

I read this article that had some good ideas about how integrating technology in the classroom is effective. I think using technology in the classroom can be both effective and ineffective. We shouldn't use technology for the sake of using technology. If it's not serving an educational purpose, helping students develop skills, or helping to teach a lesson then what's the point? When using technology you should have a clear point or objective. From my own experience, sometimes I hated doing projects or homework that required me to use technology if I didn't see a point to it. Some of us would rather answer questions in the book than go through all the work of putting together a powerpoint presentation, creating a video, searching the internet or using excel. I definitely can see the uses of these technologies, but doesn't mean they are the best way for all students to learn, if that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment